We at ELM Construction LLC are excited to announce the celebration of our company’s 10th anniversary in business!
There is no quick and easy formula for long-lasting success. Just ask Elliott Pike, our managing member who officially started this business on October 28, 2008. That was the same year our country’s economy was going under, and most people would say it was not a good time to start a business. However, Elliott was willing to begin small and persevere through the tough times. He is someone who likes to work with his hands, is quite the DIY’er, and has always been interested in construction projects. Therefore, he had a great desire to own his own remodeling business.
ELM Construction is an acronym for Elliott’s wife, LeArden, and his two daughters, Emma Grace and Mary Laslie, who were very much involved in the growth of the company. For eight years, Elliott and LeArden moved the company office from one location to another as they grew. Starting with a folding table in a corner of their master bedroom, then moving to their daughter’s nursery, the garage, graduating to rental space in Hoover, and finally to our current location in Vestavia Hills. The process wasn’t entirely painless, but ELM Construction not only managed to survive—we flourished!
Today ELM Construction has evolved into a professional design/build remodeling company that specializes in kitchens, baths, home additions, basement renovations and custom homes. Our company serves Vestavia Hills, Homewood, Mountain Brook and the Birmingham Metro area. Our amazing team has the expertise to provide our clients with a tremendously satisfying process and the beautiful finished projects they desire.
We are very thankful to our clients, employees, vendors and subcontractors for helping ELM reach this wonderful 10-year milestone! Based on the firm foundation of the past 10 years and the current strength of our company, the ELM Construction team is moving forward with great expectations for future success.
Above Left: Elliott and LeArden serving lunch to volunteers at a Habitat Build in 2010. The little red head toddling around in the background is their youngest daughter who was about two years old at the time. Last April she turned ten!
Above Right: Elliott with his family who are the inspiration for the ELM acronym: LeArden, Emma Grace, and Mary Laslie.
ELM Construction and Elliott Pike’s Achievements in the past 10 years:
• 2018 Remodeler of the Year by the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders
• 2018 2nd Vice President Board of Directors of the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders
• Past President of the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders Remodelers Council
• 2018 Home Builders Association of Alabama Remodelers Chairperson
• 2018 Serving on Board of Directors of the National Association of Home Builders—Remodelers
• Current Member National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
• Master Remodeler
• Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR)
• Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
• Alabama Accredited Lead-Based Paint Renovator
• January 2016 National Association of Home Builders Remodeler of the Month
• Alabama Remodeling Excellence Award Winner 2014, 2015, 2018
• 2014 Home Builders Association of Alabama Remodeler of the Year
• Best of HOUZZ 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
• 2012 Professional Remodeler 40 Under 40